martedì 6 ottobre 2015

Design, Organization = One Nation, One Station, One Simulation ==> ModelSim PE Student Edition on Windows 10

In the last year I studied VHDL to design circuits and other projects. For simulating each design, a free (and really good, for small projects) simulator is... is... IS...

IS


Yeah! IS is a simulator where you can understand that I'm joking now... So sad my jokes...

Anyway 
SERIOUSLY!!!!!


this really good simulator is... is... IS... (stop please!!!! Come ON!)


Why I'm talking about ModelSim, precisely the ModelSim PE Student Edition?

Now I can tell you my history!

Once upon a time...

... The End!

STOP JOKING!!!

Ok ok ok ok... Uhm... If I write a post on my blog, it means that I must solve a problem about something.
We know that it is the PERIOD, the TIME, of... of... OF.,.

OF!

XD Ok stop XD

THE TIME OF


I noted that in Windows 10, ModelSim PE Student Edition 10.4a Setup doesn't start in Windows 10. the process is up but the setup doesn't start. I'm looking that a lot of people have this problem. A lot of people solved this problem terminating softwares (processes), for example Logitech processes for Mouse and Keyboard, Google Chrome, and so on. I think the problem, in general, is not these processes, but Windows Explorer.
Indeed, to solve this problem:
  1. First of all, download ModelSim PE Student Edition.
  2. Click on the downloaded file and extract all content of the file in another folder.
  3. Open the folder and execute the Setup.exe file. Nothing appears.
  4. Now, right-click on taskbar and click on Task Manager.
  5. My friend, now search Windows Explorer process and click on Restart.
  6. Windows Explorer restarts, then the start of setup of ModelSim PE Student Edition appears.
  7. Now it will remain at 100% for 5 minutes about. Wait this time please.
  8. After this time the Setup disappears, and it remains so, FOREVER! I joke! In this case you must (see point 9 XD)
  9. You must, again, restart Windows Explorer as before, for 2 or 3 times.
  10. Setup starts. Complete the installation. At the end of installation, if it freezes, if it doesn't respond, again restart Windows Explorer and wait that Finish Setup window appears.
At the end of all, browser opens and remember to fill out the form of Mentor to let them to send you via email the License to use ModelSim PE Studend Edition!

Ok! I tested this method with a lot of softwares up, like Chrome, Dropbox and so on, so I think the problem is Windows Explorer. Sorry for my start joking and I hope I could help you to solve this problem.
If you need to show this solution to other forums, I would thank you so much if you report also my blog as source.

And now I must terminate our meeting with a sad thought...

It's late and I need to eat something... (and I must work on DLX)... hungry........ hungry......

UPPPPPPPDATE: The problem is fixed with the most recent updates of Windows 10 operating system.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento